He appears initially dead sitting on his throne and he raises if a dwarf approaches him. Once woke up, he won't sit at his throne again, even if the disturbing dwarf dies.
The Dark Lord can perform four different attacks:
|Sword||melee||unique||1 w/ knockback|
|Kick||melle||unique||? w/ huge knockback|
|Fireball||ranged||splash (5)*||-1 health|
|Summon||3 Skeletons or Zombies on top of dwarfs|
* 5 targests in a 2 blocks radius area, including dwarfs and defense towers
He will choose what to do according to each situation:
- If there is a dwarf beside him, he will choose most of the times a sword attack and some few times a kick.
- If there is one dwarf not so far from him, he will walk and try a sword attack and rarely a kick.
- If there is one or more dwarfs in a certain distance, he will cast a fireball.
- If there are some dwarfs around attacking him or not running away, he will summon undead.
Different from all other creatures, the Dark Lord can hit a dwarf with his sword if the dwarf is climbing a background wall within his range.
A guardian has a certain vulnerability to melee weapons and a huge weakness to mithril weapons.
The Dark Lord uses the following items:
None of these items are dropped immediately when he dies, but may be granted to the player as a reward after finishing, as a winner, the Forest Biome.
It is possible to finish and win the Forest Biome without killing the Dark Lord, attracting him to outside his chamber, opening a portal without calling for his attention and opening the chest. It's also possible to lock him out side with some built blocks or doors.
|1.2.010||26 Jun 2016||Now he can call up zombies.|
|1.2.005||13 Jan 2016||Fixed animation.|
|1.2.001||19 Dec 2015||Introduced (with Biomes).|
- Although the Dark Lord has his own icon in the game files, the icon binded to it and actually displaying in game is the Guardian's icon. This is probably a mistake by devs.
- This is the inventory name of the item. In game files it's called
- According to the bestiary classification.