- This article is about the living creature. For the raw food item, see: Fish.
A fish will spawn in any space with four adjacent blocks filled with water.
E.g., a pond with 12 water blocks will be populated by 3 fishes.
A fish normally only moves in a horizontal line. Only when been atracted by a fishing rod, it will move vertically or in diagonal.
If caught, new fishes spwan every thirty seconds to reestablish the cap poputalion number of the pond.
Fishes populating water ponds on the surface of the world can be
- blue and
- with a pufferfish appearance;
while fishes populating underground ponds can only have
- the appearance of an anglerfish.
A red fish is the fish appearing in the aquarium when this furniture is placed somewhere.
|0.9.022||03 Apr 2014||Redrawn fish pictures and animation.|
|1.2.001||19 Dec 2015||Limited maximum number of fish in a single pond.|
|1.4.013||25 Dec 2017||Fixed: fishes did not allow to fill up pond with blocks.|
- Description of the task "Fishing".
- Fishes are one of the few creatures that do not have a page at the bestiary. In game files it may appears as
fish_yellow(actually the blue one),
ball_fish(similar to a pufferfish) and
piranha_deep(the one with the glowing organ).