The totem is used to mark the area which is intended to become a shelter. A new totem will be gifted to the player at level 2, 7, 12 and 17. It can also be bought from the shop, and can be crafted once you have researched master furnishing.
Shelter[edit | edit source]
- See the main article: Shelter.
Tiles will count as lying within a shelter if they meet both conditions below:
- The tile is in an enclosed area containing a totem. Enclosed areas must have back walls or windows, and not be exposed to open air. Solid blocks, doors, or hatches, can all help enclose an area even if they are physically distant.
- The tile is within range of the totem. The range of the totem appears to vary between 10 and 20 squares depending on the comfort level of the shelter.
A streak of stars will outline the area the totem has made a shelter. If the shelter is incomplete, the totem will try and mark broken walls with stars but won't mark things like a stockpile or misplaced structures.
Totem's mood[edit | edit source]
|Mood||Comfort||Color||Face||Dwarf regen rate|
|Angry||No (0%)||red||brutally angry||every 24 seconds|
|Sad||Poor (1-14%)||red||angry||every ~7 seconds|
|Neutral||Moderate (15-29%)||dark yellow||content||every 5 seconds|
|Average (30-49%)||yellow||satisfied||every 4 seconds|
|Smile||Good (50-69%)||yellowish green||happy||every 3 seconds|
|Happy||Excellent (70-100%)||green||bouncing and laughing||every 2 seconds|
Crafting recipe[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- This classification is found in the game's file
- Sleeping on the floor (since v.1.4.010).